Bharmari word has originated from Sanskrit word Bharmar which means humming bee. The name suggests in this method of Pranayama humming sound is created so is the name. The most conspicuous effect is that it relaxes the brain. If done regularly it can have positive effect on stress, fatigue and high blood pressure.
It is a known fact that vibration of thinking of a human body can be controlled. By these vibrations the cerebral cortex sends impulses directly to the hypothalamus, which controls the ‘Pituitary’ gland, the master of all glands. The resonance of the brain’s metaphysical thinking is taken out and this enhances capacity of brain.
- It dispels the instability/ fickleness of mind and is beneficial in mental tension, agitation, high B.P, heart disease, etc. It is very useful for meditation.
- Bhramari pranayama calms the nerves and reduces tension and anxiety.
- It helps to reduce anger and frustrations.
- It gives the practitioner a good sonorous voice. It can also help remove throat ailments.
- It helps to reduce blood pressure.
You may feel little cold or tingling sensation in the throat due to sound but this is normal.
Under No circumstances the proportion of the breathing should be forced.
If you feel dizzy then please stop the practice and continue normal breathing.