200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training course in Rishikesh - a month of pure bliss and transformation awaits you
- 28 Days, comprehensive Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) in our centres across Rishikesh
- Course specifically designed to give students a broad and thorough understanding of Yogic principles, techniques and philosophy
- Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinyasa
- Experienced, qualified, professional Yoga Teachers dedicated to each student
World Peace Yoga School’s popular 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course is sought after by many around the World for its variety, diversity and depth. Certified by Yoga Alliance, Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance UK, it incorporates Hatha, Ashtanga & Vinyasa Yoga to give students an extensive, embracing learning experience that covers all key aspects of Yoga so they’re ready to become qualified Yoga Teachers.
Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) attracts individuals, couples and groups from all sides of the globe, including USA, UK, Australia, Russia, Germany, China, Israel as well as India and other parts of the world - it’s like a global family of trainee Yoga Teachers. Each student receives a highly engaging learning experience, which has the ability to transform their very core using ancient, traditional Yogic principles. These are trained and taught using carefully crafted methods, which will allow you to apply and incorporate what you learn into your lives and go onto become successful Yoga Teachers and Practitioners. We make sure there’s no stone left unturned in our approach and only using the most effective teaching methods.
The course will also help you cultivate inner well being, happiness, joy, radiate greater love and compassion towards yourselves and others - it’s a truly transformative experience that will accelerate your Yoga knowledge and spiritual growth. The curriculum is approved by Yoga Alliance and its subsidiaries and is led by some of the most experienced, qualified and best Yoga Teachers in the World. We’ve taken time to design the curriculum of the course to include traditional, time honoured, ancient Yogic and Vedic practices that have worked for thousand of years - we’ve preserved the authenticity of our course content and methodologies to make sure you leave the course transformed and ready to commence teaching Yoga, whilst further refining your own Yoga practice.
At World Peace Yoga School, our Yoga Teachers (and staff) love what they do and are passionate about every single student. They’re open minded, welcome questions and queries of all types and will share their own experiences of how Yoga has transformed their lives to inspire you towards your own journey. So if you’re serious about starting your Yoga career or want to expand take your Yoga practice, knowledge and understanding, look no further and get in touch with us today.
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh (Course Overview)
1. Recitation of Sacred Sound (Mantra Chanting)
The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate vibrations and connect with the universe. Each mantra is special and rich with spiritual energy.
- 1- Om Asato Maa Sadgamaya (Mantra from Upanishad)
- 2- Tvameva mata ca pita Tvameva (Sloka on gods)
- 3- Om Tryambakam Yajamahe ( Mantra on lord shiva)
- 4- Om sahana vavatu ( Mantra from Upanishad)
- 5- Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Gurudevo maheshwara ( Guru stotram)
- 6- Yogena Cittasya ( Sloka on sage Patanjali)
- 7- Hare rama, Hare Krishna ( Maha mantra)
2. Yoga Postures (Asana)Students will gain extensive knowledge of yoga postures and will increase their strength, flexibility and discipline.
- 1.Pawanmuktasana series 1
- 2.Pawanmuktasana serie 2
- 3.Pawanmuktasana series 3
- 4.Surya Namaskar ( sun salutation)
- 5.Chandra Namaskar (Moon salutation)
- 6.Tadasana (palm tree pose)
- 7.Triyak tadasana (swaying palm tree pose)
- 8.Trikonasana (triangle pose)
- 9.Parivirtatrikon asana – revolving triangle pose
- 10.Uttkatasana –chair pose
- 11.Virbhdrasana 1 -warrior 1
- 12.Virbhdrasana 2 -warrior 2
- 13.Virbhdrasana 3 -warrior 3
- 14.Ardha Chandrasana- Half moon pose
- 15.Vriksasana – tree pose
- 16.Parvatasana – mountain pose
- 17.Adho mukha svanasana – downward facing dog
- 18.Kati chakrasana – waist rotating pose
- 19.Malasana – squatted yoga pose
- 20.Garudasana – eagle pose
- 21.Baddha Konasana- bound angle pose
- 22.Rajkapoot asana – pegion pose
- 23.Bhujanghasana – cobra pose
- 24.Urdhva mukha svanasana –upward facing dog
- 26.Setu Bhandasana
- 30.Supta Virasana- reclining hero pose
- 31.Virasana –hero pose
- 32.Vajrasana –thunderbolt
- 36.Ardha Matsyendrasana
Ashtanga Vinyasa YogaCoverage: Alignment, Drishti, Adjustment, Options
- Surya Namaskar A
- Surya Namaskar B Full Primary Series:
- 1. Padangusthasana
- 2. Padahasthasana
- 3. Utthita Trikonasana
- 4. Parivrtta Trikonasana
- 5. Utthita Parsvakonasana
- 6. Parivrtta Parsvakonasana
- 7. Prasarita Padottanasana A B C & D
- 8. Parsvottanasana
- 9. Eka Pada Padangusthasana A B C & D
- 10. Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana
- 11. Utkatasana
- 12. Virabhadrasana A & B
- 13. Dandasana
- 14. Paschimottanasana A B C & D
- 15. Purvattanasana
- 16. Ardha Baddha Padma Uttanasana
- 17. Triang Mukaikapada Pashimottanasana
- 18. Janu Sirsasana A B & C
- 19. Marichyasana A B C & D
- 20. Navasana
- 21. Bhujapidasana
- 22. Kurmasana
- 23. Supta Kurmasana
- 24. Garbha Pindasana
- 25. Kukkutasana
- 26. Baddha Konasana A & B
- 27. Konasana
- 28. Upavishta Konasana
- 29. Supta Konasana
- 30. Supta Padangusthasana A & B
- 31. Ubhaya Padanghusthasana
- 32. Urdhva Mukha Pashimottanasana
- 33. Setu Bandhasana
- 34. Urdhva Dhanurasana
- 35. Salamba Sarvangasana
- 36. Halasana
- 37. Karnapidasana
- 38. Urdhva Pindasana
- 39. Matsyasana
- 40. Urdhva Padmasana
- 41. Sirsasana
- 42. Urdhva Dandasana
- 43. Baddha Padmasana
- 44. Yogimudra
- 45. Uplutih
- 46. Savasana
3. Pranayama (Breathing Practices)
Pranayama is an ancient yogic breathing technique that is used as preparation for meditation and is a vital aspect of practicing yoga. It improves the respiratory system and purifies the body and mind.
Introduction of Pranayama, Benefits of pranayama, General guidelines
Clavicular, Thoracic and Diaphragmatic Breathing (Yogic Breathing)
Nadi – Sodhana
Surya – Bhedi & Chandra – Bhedi
Sheetali & Sheetkari
Sitting postures for pranayama sadhana-
1- Easy pose
4- siddha yoni asana
Mudras (Yoga Gestures)
The practice of Mudra hand gestures is an ancient facet of yoga. Performing gestures effects the energy flow of the body and can change a person's spiritual and mental characteristics.
Yoga Bandhas (Energy Lock)
The practice of Bandhas expands the lung capacity and breathing capabilities during yoga. It also strengthens the entire body from the inside out.
Mula & Maha Bandha Teaching
4. Meditation (Dhyana)Meditation is a systematic practice that promotes physical, mental and emotional tranquility with the purpose of reaching Samadhi (self-realization).
- Introduction to Meditation
- Breathing Awareness Meditation
- Om / Mantra Meditation
- Dynamic meditation
- Tips for developing concertation
- Silence Practice
- Ajapa japa
- Antar mouna
5. Yoga Nidra (Psychic Sleep)When a yoga practitioner moves through the various internal states of Yoga Nidra, a profound experience of relaxation occurs. This is called "Turiya," a sensation of pure bliss.
- Basic Relaxation
- Tension Relaxation
- Full Body Relaxation
6. Yoga Cleansing (Shatkarma)Yogic cleansing exercises are important to learn how to incorporate your breath and meditate properly during physical aspects of yoga. It also removes the blockages in the energy channels.
- Kapalbhati- cleansing the lungs
7. Anatomy and Physiology (Sharir Vijnan)
The proper understanding of the physical body will help to prevent injury before, during and after practice. There are two kinds of yoga anatomy: physical and spiritual. Understanding both types are needed.
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Circulatory System
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Bodily systems
- Muscular System
- Skeletal System
- Muscle Functions according
to Joint Movements
Guidelines in Studying Asana Anatomy
8. Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Darshana)Yoga Philosophy is the foundation of our yoga practice and is the key to earn yogic strength. Through the path of Vedanta Philosophy, you will establish a solid, well-rounded yoga practice.
- Introduction to the Himalayan Tradition of Yoga
- Introduction to the different Indian Philosophy
- History of Yoga
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Types of yoga
9. Teaching Practice (Adhyapanam)Students will take turns practicing their teaching skills by performing in front of their peers and teachers.
10. Teaching MethodologyA yoga teacher should efficiently perform the practical applications of class planning and preparation. At World Peace Yoga School, our students will learn how to create a positive and peaceful class environment for an enjoyable and transformative experience.
- 1- Positive & conscious communication.
- 2- Friendship and trust.
- 3- Time management
- 4- Qualities of a teacher
- 5- Principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, correcting.
- 6- Use of voice in class
- 7- Mental & emotional preparation for teaching.
- 8- Class preparation
- 9- Step by step class structure planning.
Assessments are based on:
- Written Test
- Oral Test
*A Yoga Alliance USA-Certified Yoga Teacher Training ProgramWhat Makes Our Program One-of-a-Kin Initiation and Blessings (Transmission of Energy) — Students begin their life-changing journey with a beautiful and magical fire ceremony conducted by our loving founder, Yogi Vishnu. After initiation, you will be deeply connected to the mystical energies of the Himalayan yogic legacy.
Direct Teachings from World-Class Teachers — World Peace Yoga School focuses on providing students with small, intimate class settings for individualized and personalized attention from our beloved teachers. The student's classes are located at the same building as their accommodations, so teachers are easily accessible to students throughout the day.
"Sundates" – Every Sunday, students take a break from their yoga classes to explore the many tourist destinations in and around Rishikesh. Excursions include rafting the Ganga River, visiting the and exploring the natural treasures of the area (like caves, river beaches and waterfalls) and meditating at Kunjapuri Temple during sunrise.
An Inspiring and Welcoming Community — Every teacher and staff member of World Peace Yoga School is passionate and committed to providing the best possible experience for every student. World Peace Yoga School is a spiritual hub for knowledge seekers to grow and nourish their souls. It's a community built on love, enthusiasm and a profound belief in the transformative powers of yoga. We believe in not just doing yoga but living yoga.
Green campus— World Peace Yoga School prides itself on cleanliness and providing students with a peaceful natural learning environment. We are extremely grateful to be located so close to the Ganga River with its serene and magical energy wafting onto our property. Our yoga halls are bright, colorful and modern with a gorgeous mountains view.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course Dates - 2018
|YTTC Venue||Start Date||End Date||Fee||Availabilty||Book|
Our Venue ::WPYS stands for World peace Yoga School.(2nd of every month) VYA stands for Vinyasa yoga Academy(15th of every month)
|WPYS||02nd JAN 2019||28th JAN 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th JAN 2019||10th FEB 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd FEB 2019||28th FEB 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th FEB 2019||10th MAR 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||02nd MAR 2019||28th MAR 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th APRIL 2019||10th MAY 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd APRIL 2019||28th APRIL 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th MAY 2018||10th JUNE 2018||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd MAY 2018||28th MAY 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th JUNE 2019||10th JULY 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd JULY 2019||28th JULY 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th JULY 2019||10th AUG 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd AUG 2019||28th AUG 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th AUG 2019||10th SEP 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd SEP 2019||28th SEP 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th SEP 2019||10th OCT 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd OCT 2019||28th OCT 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th OCT 2019||10th NOV 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd NOV 2019||28th NOV 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|VYA||15th NOV 2019||10th DEC 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|WPYS||2nd DEC 2019||28th DEC 2019||$ 1599 USD||Available||Apply Now|
What does the course fees include?
- 1- 27 nights shared Accommodation
- 2- Daily nutritious vegetarian meals and teas
- 3- Weekend excursions
- 4- yoga material
- 5- One the Himalayas sightseeing trip
- 6- A free ayurvedic massage.
- 7- Free taxi-pickup from (DED) Dehradun airport.
- 8- Kirtan night.
What is not included in the course fees?
- 1- Private accommodation- 300 USD additional
- 2- Air-conditioner- 100 USD additional
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Daily Schedule
6:30 to 7:30 AM
7:45 to 9:00 AM
7:45 to 9:00 AM
9:15 to 10:00 AM
10:15 to 11:15 AM
11:15 AM to 12:15 PM
12:15 to 1:15 PM
1:20 to 2:30 PM
4:30 to 6:00 PM
4:30 to 6:00 PM
6:15 to 7:15 PM
7:15 to 8:00 PM
All classes are mandatory, only in the case of an emergency or illness one can take leave with the permission of respected teacher. Uninformed leaves won’t be accepted and this will effect student's monthly performance.
A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. The practice and especially the teaching of yoga demand a high degree of self-discipline and purity. To ensure the success of the programme, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, meditation sessions, lectures and asana classes. Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, drugs and nudity are prohibited during the course as they are counterproductive to the yoga practice. Participants who do not comply with the school rules may be dismissed from the course.
Discipline Rules for Students
Refund Policy - World Peace Yoga School
For further information kindly click FAQ at headlines and find all answers for frequently asked questions
Now concentration is explained.