- Stand straight with your legs wide apart by a distance of
at least 3-4 feet.
- Turn your right foot out by 90 degrees and left foot in by
about 15 degrees.
- Checkpoint: Is the heel of the right foot aligned to the
center of the left foot?
- Lift both arms sideways to shoulder height with your
palms facing upwards.
- Checkpoint: Are your arms parallel to the ground?
- Breathing out, bend your right knee.
- Checkpoint: Are your right knee and right ankle forming
a straight line? Ensure that your knee does not overshoot the ankle.
- Turn your head and look to your right.
- As you settle down in the yoga posture stretch your arms further.
- Make a gentle effort to push your pelvis down. Hold the yoga posture with the determination of a warrior. Smile like a happy smiling warrior. Keep breathing as you go down.
- Breathing in, come up.
- Breathing out, bring your hands down from the sides.
- Repeat the yoga posture for the left side (turn your left foot out by 90 degrees and turn the right foot in by about 15 degrees).
- Strengthens your shoulders, arms, legs, ankles and back.
- Opens yours hips, chest and lungs.
- Improves focus, balance and stability.
- Encourages good circulation and respiration.
- Stretches your arms, legs, shoulders, neck, belly, groins and ankles.
- Energizes the entire body.