How to do it :
Vajrasana (thunderbolt pose) Kneel on the floor. Bring the big toes together and separate the heels. Lower the buttocks onto the inside surface of the feet with the heels touching the sides of the hips. Place the hands on the knees, palms down. The back and head should be straight but not tense. Avoid excessive backward arching of the spine. Close the eyes, relax the arms and the whole body. Breathe normally and fix the attention on the flow of air passing in and out of the nostrils.
Practice vajrasana as much as possible, especially directly after meals, for at least 5 minutes to enhance the digestive function. In cases of acute digestive disorder, sit in vajrasana and practice abdominal breathing for 100 breaths before and after food.
Benefits of Vajrasana
- It helps in digestion.
- Sitting in this pose helps in reduction of the hips.
- It helps in getting rid of constipation.
- It helps to fight stomach disorder.
- A few minutes of Vajrasana and you can feel the mind calming.
- It helps in increasing the blood circulation in the body.