Ardha Uttanasana (Half forward bend):
Steps: Initial Position: Tadasana
1. While you get into the starting position, inhale deep and spread your legs shoulder width apart. Inhale as you extend your arms high up in air, parallel to each other and stretch up.
2. Gradually, lower them, bending your back at right angles in attempt to touch the floor. Ensure that your back is not curved.
3. Hold the position for 15-30 seconds as a beginner. Later you must hold it even longer, say a minute or more.
4. Gently exhale and revert to the starting position.
5. Do it twice in a practice along with other poses. If you feel exerted, rest in Corpse pose.
• Stretches your hips, hamstrings, calves, and low back.
• Strengthens your thighs and knees.
• Warms up your body and works on your